We help consumer product companies to succeed in the global marketplace. Channel management, product & brand strategy, cost optimization, and new market entry are some of our key expertise areas.
The consumer products industry is contending with signficiant challenges. Slowing growth in domestic markets coupled with opportunities in emerging markets has made it critical to develop global growth strategies. The changing distribution landscape makes choosing and investing in the right channels critical. Rising raw material costs and environmental issues pose additional significant challenges.
Dean & Company’s has experience addressing the critical problems faced by consumer products companies. In dealing with issues such as expansion into new markets or channels, forecasting consumer demand, identifying the most valuable customers, and improving operational performance, we bring both creativity and analytical rigor to deliver lasting client impact.
Dean & Company has completed projects with consumer products companies:
- to segment the customer base by their underlying needs and economics and to develop targeted strategies by segment
- to develop growth strategies in mature and emerging markets
- to resist low margins by optimizing product and channel mix, developing intelligent pricing models, and improving the operating model
- to collaborate with product development teams to drive product strategy
- to support domestic and international M&A to drive growth and improve cabilities
Our clients have spanned a wide range of industries, including home improvement product, paper and packaging, food and beverage, and electronics.